Jesse J. Bañuelos, a Los Angeles Immigration Attorney
GREEN CARDS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE DACA [DEFERRED ACTION FOR CHILDHOOD ARRIVALS] STATUS
Any alien who entered the US illegally and then:
1. was granted DACA status by the USCIS [DACA is Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. The USCIS is granting, and has granted, DACA status to aliens who arrived in the US before they were 16, and who are able to meet other requirements];
2. during the time that his DACA status was current, he applied for, and received an Advanced Parole–which is a temporary permit that allows legal reentry into the US after a trip abroad–from the USCIS and then traveled abroad; and
3. after returning from his trip abroad, he used his Advanced Parole to legally reenter the US. That legal reentry would make him eligible to apply for adjustment of status, which means that he would be eligible to apply for a green card without having to leave the US, if he is the:
- spouse of a US citizen;
- parent of a US citizen who is over 21 years old; or
- minor (under 21 years of age) unmarried child of a US citizen.
NOTE: the USCIS may grant an Advance Parole to an applicant who has DACA status, or TPS if he needs to travel abroad for:
- educational purposes, such as semester abroad programs or academic research;
- employment purposes, such as overseas assignments, interviews, conferences, training, or meetings with clients; or
- humanitarian purposes, such as travel to obtain medical treatment, to attend funeral services for a family member, or to visit an ailing relative.
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHETHER YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR A GREEN CARD WITHOUT HAVING TO LEAVE THE US, PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE
Many foreigners who live in the US could obtain a green card if they were to apply for adjustment of status through family, through DACA, TPS, etc., but don’t know it. If you live in the US and if there is a legal way for you to apply for adjustment of status through family, through DACA, TPS, etc., Mr. Bañuelos will find it. Because he is hardworking and tenacious, Mr. Bañuelos has been successfully resolving difficult immigration problems, and has been winning difficult deportation and removal cases for over 20 years.